Apex CoVantage is looking for the right individuals to work on customer’s property changing out water meters. This requires a self-motivated individual who can work well with little supervision, and who takes pride in their work. Must be able to work in inclement weather to complete the work.
Typical Work Day:
- Report to starting location at beginning of shift to receive route information, hand held device, materials, and vehicle.
- Drive company vehicle to first residence/business on route; use map to locate site if necessary and verify address using hand held device.
- Drive or walk route to each customer site to locate meter and determine if accessible/poses safety hazards.
- Verify meter number and inspect the meter for any problems/hazards. Read consumption and any other necessary indexes and accurately enter information into hand held device.
- Answer customer questions (if applicable).
- Remove old meter and perform Meter Install (following trained standards of practice), using hand tools and/or power tools.
- Verify proper operation of the new meter.
- Accurately enter new meter number and other information into handheld.
- Replacing water meters (1.5” & less)
- Install meter and Aclara MTU
- Complete work to specifications
- Treat customers property with respect (no property damage)
- Possess reasonable computer skills and ability to use a handheld device
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- High school diploma or GED
- Pipe-fitting knowledge will be a plus. During the interview process, skill testing for pipe fitting will be required
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up to 5 miles a day
- Must be willing to submit criminal background and drug screening.
- Must have a clean MVR (in the past 3 years)